Sunday, August 15, 2010

Introduction

Well, my name is Alyse. I have Endometriosis, also known as Endo. I was diagnosed in January 2010. I am currently on medication. However, someday I would like to TRY to have children, and I don't really like the way the medicine makes me feel. So I am embarking on a journey through the Endo-Diet. It is basically and gluten free, soy free, sugar free, caffeine free, vegan diet. I know I know, you're asking, What can you eat? I can have all the veggies, fruits, nuts and seeds I want. And places like Trader Joe's and Whole Foods carry gluten free pasta, bread and such. Being in Culinary School, I have learned so much and I have a lot of resources when it comes to coming up with recipe ideas. Tomorrow will be the beginning. It will be my very first day with out cheating. Its not gonna be easy. In fact its going to be really hard, but its my health. And if I don't manage it, who will?

No comments:

Post a Comment